Wednesday, March 20, 2013

No title for this story yet!


I’ve always been wondering what it would be like to be a “normal” family. Let’s face it, my family is completely strange, I think we might be possessed by aliens. First of all, my mom named me after her favorite flower, Hydrangeas. At first, nobody bugged me about it, then I started 2nd grade and people called me ugly flower, dead flower, etc. When I was 12, I decided to change my name to Heidi. Simple, sophisticated, and normal plus nobody can tease me about it. My father, well he is a super-famous soccer player and he is never around, but when he is all he says is “Where is the beer” or “Food?”, my cousin who is 3 has a better vocabulary than him. You would think he is the 3 year old, and she is the 30 something year old. Did I mention my mom had me when she was 17, and she decided to go to college despite the fact of having me? When I was 3 years old, she would drop me off at this gymnastics training center which her friend owned, and head off to classes. Bored out of my brains, I decided to imitate all the older girls. Sooner or later someone noticed me doing a cute little flip, and decided I should start classes. My Dad, who is filthy rich but doesn’t share his wealth (Just dumps it in the bank, and we live in a small flat) agreed and I was enrolled.  Since then, I basically lived at the gym. After winning 1st place in my first meet on the bars/beam, my parents decided I should become a serious gymnast and I should be homeschooled. I had no input in this, and I was 6 years old. From that moment on I knew my life wouldn’t be normal, no bringing cupcakes to school, shopping for new sneakers for school, no fun parties. When I was older, I realized I wouldn’t go shopping with my BFFS and come to school the next day flaunting our new clothes, no boyfriend to hold hands in the hallways, and no having a locker and schedule. I wake up at 6 in the morning, I am tutored from 7-9, then practice begins from 9-5, with a lunch break of course! After 5, I am tutored from 5-7:30. At 7:30 my mom picks me up, and we eat dinner. Did you know, when you are homeschooled by your gymnastics teacher, she doesn’t give you homework because it “can cause great stress on the athlete.” So, I basically watch TV and pretend to be a normal kid by pretending what shoes would go great with tomorrows outfit, and pretend to text all my BFFS. At 10 on the dot, I’m supposed to be in bed, but really I play on my computer until 11 and then sleep. I know it is horrible for my routine, but who cares. My life was perfectly strange until I was 16 years old, when I was elected as an elite gymnast, and I had to try out for nationals. Nationals: (N) something every gymnast wants, if you can win/place well you get on the USA National Team.  If I could get on the Nationals Team, my dream would become true, the Olympics. After Nationals you try out for the Worlds Team, which is basically a team that competes against other countries teams, and if the USA wins/ top girls medal then you are invited to the USA Olympic training center, where you train until Olympic trials, and if you are picked, walla you are on the USA Olympic team.
CHATPER 2:

My alarm clock buzzed in my ears, and I opened my eyes. I turned off my alarm clock and clambered out of bed. I took a deep breath and smiled, today was the day, of my journey to the olympics. I didn't need to be tutored today, because today was special, it was MY day. I ran down the stairs and ate my breakfast containing a banana, protein bar, and milk. I ran out the door catched the number 5 bus to the gym and squirmed in my seat for the rest of the ride until I could get to the gym. When we arrived I ran out, and quickly ran inside the building. 

2 comments:

  1. You should cal it "Not so Normal" and EXPAND!!!!

    ReplyDelete