Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mia's Story update, and error fixing

* I REALIZED THAT A GIRL COULDN'T BECOME A DUCHESS JUST LIKE THAT, SO NOW HER WISH IS TO BECOME A LADY IN WAITING!!!* (This is the ending, go read the beginning!)


 I closed my eyes and peered into the slip. I felt indisposed as I made out the letters. It’s a legacy in my family to sing out loud when we are scared, and I guess I was singing out loud because the king looked at me if I was crazy.
“L-A-D-Y…” I started to say out loud
“-I-N-“I continued
“W-A-I-T-I-N-G” I screamed at the top of my lungs.
When everybody was done, we had to go to the despot of our new job. I was so excited! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the manager of the servants of the royal family. I hopped that the queen and I would have a harmonious relationship.
                As I got closer to the man, I realized that he was the man that our family had a feud with. He had a haggle over some pigs that we owned. We were selling it for 4 sparks, but he wanted it for 1 spark. In the end he stole them, and we were left with nothing. I heard rumors that he hoards his money in his shoe. I even heard he only eats baked peas. Before I could even say “Hello, how do you do”, he cut me off and started speaking.
“Are those shoes hardy enough to last one hour?” He said with a cynical tone of voice.
“Yes, sir” I replied trying to sound legitimate.
“Don’t try to act sagacious with me young lady, I don’t have that much patience with you, I officiate the rite every morning, I am sick and tired, so get a move on and get in the carriage.” He yelled.
I got the message that he was not partial with me, and I don’t think he ever would be. I got in the carriage, and we rode to the carriage. I hoped that my earnings would patronize my family, and we would be able to have the goods that we used to have. Sooner or later, we reached the palace. We quickly disembarked and headed down the royal garden into a stairwell. There were many steps, about 100. Out of breath, we reached the top. There was another hallway, all polish and clean. It looked like heaven. We walked down the polished hallway, and into a gigantic room. There on the throne, to my amazement was the queen. I quickly bowed down to her. Suddenly there was a bang and then….
I hear my mother’s voice.

“MIA, COME DOWN, YOU HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL. QUICKLY!” she yelled in her loud voice. I ran down the stairs confused. Then I remembered that the year is 2012 and I am 12 years old.
“Shoot” I said to myself “ I was at the good part”.

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment