Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ode To Lilly

My first toy sea otter                      
Made my heart jump with joy
We used to crawl under the tables, or cooling in chairs
Maybe get tangled up in cables

I got glass tea cups for her tea shop
Put a small mop on her head, to show some hair
My bed used to be her secret lair at night

Then one day I saw a gnat in her fur which gave me such a fright
When I was pulling it out it ripped
It took a thousand men and some hits to get my poor sea otter mended
She looked brand new when I saw her again

I promised ten times that it would never happen again.
I have never broke that promise ever since
With a lime colored dress, she brightens the day
I can spot her in a cluttered mess


When I am stressed about a test
Or when I feel like pouting
I go find my sunshine Lilly
And she makes my day



No comments:

Post a Comment