Thursday, May 10, 2012

MY FAVORITE STORY


                My family loves to sing. It’s a tradition; we were all born with singing voices.  I don’t love to sing in public, just because people judge you all the time.  My older sister’s dream, Kara, is to go become an actress, and be popular.  My dream is to be the duchess of Sparkville.  I’ll sit with the Queen maybe, and talk about how we should fix that, take this away! My younger brother wishes to become, a maid. He’s only five. One day he will be a great husband to one lucky girl.
                In Sparkville, when you turn 15 you get to pick your job out of a velvet purse.  You can be a painter, maid, performer, wagon helper, black smith, and a duchess.  Today is the day where we go down to Cottage Lake School House, and meet the King!
“MIA, WERE LEAVING NOW! GET DOWN HERE!” screamed my mother at the top of her lungs.
                As I run out the room I take a quick glance in the mirror. I’m wearing my best white petticoat and my blue tunic. I’m wearing some gold shoes that are flat on the bottom. On my legs, are black leggings, which cling to me. My hair is in a perfect bun, what a duchess should wear.  I run through our house into the wagon.  Our mules are going to fastest speed they ever went, so fast that the passing homes are blurs. I can recognize the smell of pine trees and fresh mint as we disembark.  A small amount of kids are streaming in the wooden double doors into the one room. I smile as I remember old memories, when I wanted to be pretty as my sister (which has come true!), when I wanted to be a painter. (In art I used to paint up a storm of strips and polka-dots that got all over my garments.)
                We all sing the anthem to Sparkville and sit down. Everyone picks out there slip. When they do there supposed to say what they have
“Painter” someone grumbled
“Yes! Performer!” a young boy named Emit yelled.  
“Blacksmith!?” someone wailed
“Wagon Helper! Wow!” the young boy next to me said.
                I took a deep breath. I can do this, I peered into the bag. The slips were tied with colorful ribbon with gold dots. Each slip was a majestic color. I thought; what is the queen’s favorite color… Blue, Grey, Purple?  Wait! Grey! I grabbed the grey slip and tore it open
                

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love THIS story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Have you finished the story yet? If you do then I can write an alternate ending.... as soon as I get time. :D

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete